Polycam captures are associated with a specific Polycam account. If your captures are no longer visible when you open the Polycam app, it points to an issue with the account that you’re currently logged into.
Here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem:
- Ensure that you have not recently switched devices (if you have not recently switched devices, skip to step 3). Polycam captures are not automatically stored in the cloud. If you switch devices, make sure to backup your iOS device beforehand and restore the backup on your new device.
- Make sure you’re on the latest App Store version of the app.
- Make sure your device has a stable internet connection.
- Verify that your capture data is still on your device. You can do this by going into iPhone Storage, finding the Polycam app and confirming that it’s using more than 100 MB of storage. If the Polycam app is using less than 50 MB, make sure the app has not been recently deleted. If the app is hard-deleted from your device, all of its data will be deleted as well.
- Try logging out of the app and then logging back in to the same account. Important: do not hit the “skip >” button on the initial login screen. Use the “Already have an account? Log In >” button.
- Try to verify that the account you’re attempting to log in to was actually the same one which created the original captures. If you’ve uploaded any of your captures or created them using Photo Mode, you can verify this by attempting to log in to Polycam on the web (www.poly.cam) and seeing if any of your missing captures appear.
- If you still don’t see your captures, try logging out of the mobile app and then logging in with a new account you create. Try to use a different email address and authentication provider. If you now see your captures, it means they have been transferred over to this new account.
- If you don’t see your captures after following all of these steps, please contact us and mention that you followed the advice in the FAQs. We may take 24 hours to respond.